Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan Book Review!



I'M FINALLY GOING TO REVIEW THE MARK OF ATHENA!!!! The Mark of Athena is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, and is my favorite book in the series.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

The book takes place immediately after The Son of Neptune. The Greek demigods try to form an alliance with the Roman demigods. but it does't work out as planed. The seven demigods of the prophecy (Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, and Hazel) have to go to Rome to defeat the giants there, and Annabeth has a quest of her own and has to follow the Mark of Athena.

I love that all seven main characters are finally together!!! I love how everyone takes to each other. Frank and Leo are constantly fighting, Percy and Jason have a bromance and a little bit of rivalry going on, and Hazel is confused about how she feels about Leo (not romantically).

This book gave my a lot of Percabeth and Jasper feels. I love Percy and Annabeth's moments, and Jason and Piper are cute.

I love Leo, and Frank, and Hazel as well. Leo blames himself for blowing up New Rome. He also blames himself for Percy and Annabeth falling into Tartarus, And the whole thing with Nemesis made me mad. I wanted to punch Nemesis for calling Leo a seventh wheel! Did anyone feel this way or is it just me?

Remember in The Light Thief when Percy, Annabeth, and Grover almost fell into Tartarus? Well, in this book, that takes place five years after TLT, Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus. That's just cruel, Rick Riordan!

And Percy and Annabeth met Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Pack. Why do I find that part so funny?

I have a lot of favorite parts. I love when Annabeth and Percy kiss and then she judo flips him. And when Percy scared the dolphin men away with Diet Coke; the part has so hilarious!

I love this book and the characters. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment