Thursday, February 5, 2015

Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery Book Review!

Anne of Avonlea is the sequel to Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. 

Spoilers!

Anne and Gilbert start teaching school while doing their own school work. Anne and Marlla take in orphan twins named Davy and Dora Keith who could not be more different. Dora is sweet and obedient and Davy is almost always getting into trouble but, like Dora, is very cute. Anne matures in this book but is still getting into trouble.

Anne is still amazing and one of my favorite characters in fiction.Anne and Gilbert's are now friends but we sadly don't see a lot of Gilbert in the book.

I love Dora and Davy, They are so cute. I love Anne's relationship with the twins, especially with Davy. I think Anne understand Davy because they both seem to have way of getting into trouble.

Something big happens to Diana in this book, in which Fred Wright proposes to her.

Mrs. Lynde's husband dies and she moves in to Green Gables With Anne, Marilla, and the twins, which means Anne can actually go to college soon.

Some of my favorite parts is when Anne accidentally dyes her nose red and everyone was giving her weird looks but Anne had no idea until Diana told her. I also like the part when Anne thought she soled her cow but actually soled her neighbor's cow. That is also one of my favorite parts of the movie, too.

I really enjoyed this book. I definitely recommend this book and the rest of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment