Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery Book Review!

Anne's House of Dreams is the fifth book in the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Normally when I read a series I would review all the books in order, but I don't own books four and six so I just going to skip them for now. WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS INCLUDING THE DEATH OF A CHARACTER!!!

After three years of waiting, Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe are finally married. They move away from Avonlea to Four Winds to their house of dreams. Gilbert is a successful doctor. Anne befriends with Leslie Moore, a young woman who keeps to herself. The book shows the first three years of Anne and Gilbert's marriage.

It's a little sad that Anne moved away from Avonlea, but Four Winds is also very pretty. Out of all of Anne and Gilbert's neighbors I liked Captain Jim the most. He told some interesting stories, and he was very sweet. I'm happy is life book was written. And the fact that he died after finishing it, and when Gilbert said Captain Jim had crossed the bar made me cry.

I do't really like Miss Cornelia. She kind of reminds me of Rachel Lynde. She doesn't seem to like men very much and whenever she talks about them she the sentence by saying "Just like a man." I find this a little ironic because at the end of this book Miss Cornelia marries Marshall Elliott.

I like Leslie. She is quiet, and is very privet about her life. Leslie sometimes is jealous of Anne because Anne has a loving husband and a baby on the way. Leslie and Anne become good friends, and she marries Owen Ford. Leslie is a good character and I do like her friendship with Anne and I like that they stay friends in the future, but their friendship kind of makes me miss Anne and Diana's friendship.

Another part that made me cry was when Anne gives birth to Joyce, but Joyce doesn't survive. That whole part was just heartbreaking.

I like that we also see some familiar faces such as Marilla, Diana, Jane Andrews, Miss Lavendar, Charlotta the Fourth, Paul Irving, and even Phillipa Gordon

Even tough this isn't my favorite book of the series, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment