Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Book Review!

Shatter Me is the first book in the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. Warning: SPOILERS!!!

Juliette is a girl who's touch can kill or fatally injure a person, kind of like Rogue from X-men. Then her world changes when she finds out that the two boys who are in love with her can touch her without getting injured. 

Juliette is a really awesome character. When I read the book (or listened to the audiobook if you want to get technical about it) Juliette came across as shy, quit, and reserved, which she is, but she also can morph into a kick-butt character when needed, like when she threatened to kill Warner (at least I think it was Warner) I was like 'Whoa Juliette!' which you can't really blame her for. All in all, Juliette was a great lead character.

Now let's talk about Adam!!! I really love Adam SO much! He is so sweet, and loyal, and respectful. Pretty much through out the whole book I was think 'Why can't he be real?!' And the parts with him and his ten year old brother were so sweet. My heart melted when his brother came to him when he had a nightmare. Did anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Now for Warner. I'm gonna be honest, I felt nothing for Warner through out this book. If you're a fan of Warner please don't get mad at me, this is just how I felt. I thought he was a real pansycake (Divergent reference!), when he just shot that guy in front of everyone without a second thought, or when he put Juliette in that room with the toddler, he just gave me reasons not to like him. But, then again, my opinion of him could change, I haven't read Unravel Me or Ignite Me, or even the novellas yet, so bare with me. 

Kenji is amazing! I wish there was more Kenji in this book! But I don't really like how he swears a lot, but other then that I love him.

CassJayTuck was right: the ending was like X-Men! And I am a huge X-Men fan. My favorite parts are all the one with Adam (surprise, surprise). 

I really didn't expect to love this book. Tahereh Mafi did a fantastic job!

No comments:

Post a Comment