Thursday, October 22, 2015

Little House In the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder Book Review!

Hi!

I'm now finally going to review the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, starting with the first one: Little House In the Big Woods.

The book is about a little girl named Laura Ingalls who lives in the big wood of Wisconsin with her Pa and Ma (Charles and Caroline Ingalls), her older sister Mary and Baby siser Carrie, and their bulldog Jack. The series tells about the Ingalls family's life in the big woods.

I love Laura and her family.  Laura is almost very different from Mary; Mary has blond curls and is more ladylike, and Laura has brown hair and is more of an adventurous tomboy. I love Charles and Caroline. I think they're great. I love the parts where Charles plays the fiddle. I love the stories that Pa tells Mary and Laura, like the panther, and the bear.

I like that the book and the rest of the series shows how different a lot of things were way back then, like the colors of hair ribbons Laura and Mary had to wear because of their hair colors. and the bonnets, and just the life style as a whole was very different.

I love this book and this series. I will continue to read it no matter how old I get. 

That's all for now.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment