Thursday, May 1, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth Book Review/Rant!

Hello!

I'm now gonna review and rant about Allegiant by Veronica Roth, which is the last book in the Divergent Trilogy. There are gonna be a heck load of spoilers and me ranting about the ending and how I hated it, so if you haven't read the book, then you've been warned.

So in this book Tris, Tobias, and their friends go outside the fence to see basically what is out there.

I'm going to talk about my favorite parts of the book first before I start ranting about why it still makes me cry even though I read it in November.

I love Tris and Tobias in this book. The Fourtris scenes were, without a doubt, the best parts of the book. And since they fought a lot in the last book, seeing them act more couple-y together is really sweet, and very...steamy at times. After all the crap Tris and Tobias went through in the last two books they've deserved a break.

Uriah and Christina were awesome, but then again there's never a time when Uriah isn't awesome. I was kind of shipping Christina and Uriah in this book because they've definitely became closer in this book, but apparently this isn't the case. I also loved Zeke way more then I used to.

I liked Tobias's POV, and didn't really have any trouble telling him and Tris apart. The only times that I did have trouble was when I stoped reading in the middle of a chapter and I didn't know who's POV I was in.

And high five to Tris's mom for being so awesome!


NOW HERE COMES THE RANT!

Caleb was annoying! I seriously didn't want him around! I admit it, A part of me didn't want him to die because he the member of Tris's family who was alive, but I still don't like him.

I hate Marcus so much. I was confused because Veronica Roth said that she really needed him for this book and implied that he was gonna be important, but he was only in three scenes and barley said more than, i don't know, twenty sentences! I feel like he needed to go. The same with Peter. Peter, like, didn't do anything!

And then Torl died. To be honest since she was not that big a character I kind of saw her death coming, I didn't cry or anything but I still didn't like it.

AND WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO KILL URIAH?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?! REALLY?!?!?!?! THAT WAS SO NOT OKAY!!! NOT OKAY AT ALL!!!

And now for the moment we've been dreading (or I've been dreading, at least): Tris's death. I just want to say that that was absolutely undoubtedly one hundred percent NOT OKAY!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, her sacrificing herself for her brother was nice, and so was her seeing her mom. But that doesn't mean I have to like and/or except the fact that Tris is dead! As a huge Fourtris shipper I was not okay with this! Even if I didn't ship them (though why would I?) I still wouldn't be okay with this. You don't kill off your main character! And Tris and Tobias deserved to be together, after all the stuff they went through they deserved a break!

And why is there suddenly a love triangle?! Who else hated Nita? Mathew was okay for me, to me he didn't seem like a real threat to Fourtris.

And the epilogue broke my hearts even more. I know that some people like the epilogue, but I didn't like it at all. Instead of making me feel better it rubbed salt in my wounds. 

Even though this book broke my heart and I hate the ending, I can't honestly say that I hated the book no matter how much I want to, which is so frustrating! Am I'm gonna go through something like this again when I read Mockingjay? 

Well, that's it for now.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment