Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Book Review!

Hi!


Today I'm reviewing The Books Thief by Markus Zusak. This really is a good book. It's darker then the books I usually read, but when a book takes place during WWII then it's going to be at least a little dark. 

SPOILER ALERT!

The book is about a girl named Liesel Meminger, who is taken in by Hans and Rosa Hubermann in Nazi Germany during the early parts of World War II.  During her stay on Himmel Street, she makes a habit of stealing books from the mayors house.

Liesel is one of my favorite characters of the book. Even though I don't condone stealing, I can totally relate to her love for books, and words. I love how she wants to learn to read, and is always eager to read a new book.

Rudy Steiner is Liesel's best friend who tries to kiss her trough out most of the book. They have interesting relationship where they're constantly calling each other names. I love Rudy, and I love his and Liesel's friendship.

I like Liesel's foster parents, Hans and Rosa Hubermann, as well. I instantly loved Hans, he is such a good father to Liesel. I like Rosa, though she was rude to Liesel for a godd portion of the book. As the book goes on, Rosa and Liesel, get along a lot better, and we learn the Rosa really loved Liesel.

I also really like Max. He is a really good character, and he and Liesel become good friends with Liesel because they both love books.

My favorite part has to be when Lesel steals the book from the bonfire. The ending, in my opinion, was both sad and satisfying, I was sad that the street that Liesel lived on was bombed, I was sad that Hans, Rosa, and Rudy died in the bombing. I was happy though to find out that he lived and was reunited with Liesel: it showed that Liesel didn't loose everyone she loved. I also like that Liesel was able to move on, get married, and have kids, etc.

This really is a good book. Well done, Marcus Zusak.

That's all for now. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment